Browned sausage is combined with a package of frozen seasoning mix, canned potatoes, corn, cannellini beans and red beans in this stew seasoned with cayenne and garlic.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound sausage
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups canned red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen vegetable blend (peppers, onions, celery, and parsley)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
In a skillet brown the meat, drain and crumble.
In a large stew pot add water and seasoning blend and cook until just slightly tender. Add the red beans, white beans, chopped tomatoes, corn, salt, black pepper, red pepper, garlic and crumbled meat. Simmer for 45 minutes.
Add the potatoes and simmer, covered, for an additional 20 minutes. Serve with cornbread. Enjoy!