The flavors of ginger, cinnamon and vanilla go so well with winter fruits. Cranberries, figs and dried apricots are featured in this compote that can be served with poultry or with desserts such as ice cream or pound cake.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried apricot halves, quartered
- 1/2 cup dried whole figs, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
Simmer apple juice, brown sugar, water and lemon juice in a small bowl, stirring occasionally until dissolved.
Add fruit and seasonings; simmer 5 more minutes or until fruits are plump and liquid is slightly thick. Serve chilled.