Bosc pears, watercress, and cucumbers are folded into a bowl of quinoa, and then napped with a sensational dressing whipped up with diced Kumquats, olive oil, cilantro, and lemon juice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 kumquats - seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Bosc pear - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup trimmed and coarsely chopped watercress
In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat stirring often, until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and cool completely.
In a small bowl, combine the kumquats, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, pear and cucumber. Add the dressing and toss well. Add the watercress and toss again and serve.