There's no crust to roll out when you start with a deep dish pie shell to make Wonderful Apple Pie, an updated recipe that appeared on the McCormick Apple Pie Spice can. An easy to make crumb topping flavors the pie and covers the top of Granny Smith or o
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Apple Pie Spice
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (9 or 10-inch) deep dish pie shell
- 8 cups medium cooking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine brown sugar, flour, apple pie spice, and butter. Sprinkle about 1/3 of this mixture over bottom of unbaked pie shell.
Put apples in pie shell. Spoon remaining sugar-spice mixture over apples. Place pie on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.