Potatoes, onions, and celery cooked in chicken broth are combined with half-and-half, crisp bacon, and condensed cream of mushroom soup in this chowder with cheddar cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 8 unpeeled potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large stock pot combine potatoes, onions, celery, bouillon cubes and enough water to cover all ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat until potatoes are with in 15 minutes of being finished.
Add half and half, bacon, cream of mushroom soup and stir until creamy. Add cheese and stir until completely melted. Simmer on low until potatoes are done.