A classic, justifiably popular Japanese stir fry in which chicken cooked in a yummy soy sauce, chili paste garlic blend is tossed with buckwheat soba noodles, carrot, cabbage and onion.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chile paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 onion, sliced lengthwise into eighths
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces soba noodles, cooked and drained
In a large skillet combine sesame oil, canola oil and chili paste. Stir fry 30 seconds. Add garlic and stir fry an additional 30 seconds. Add chicken and 1/4 cup of the soy sauce and stir fry until chicken is no longer pink. Remove mixture from pan, set aside and keep warm.
In the emptied pan combine the onion, cabbage and carrots. Stir fry until cabbage begins to wilt. Stir in the remaining soy sauce, cooked noodles and the chicken mixture to pan and mix to blend. Serve and enjoy!