This recipe rocks. Beets and turkey sausage form an unlikely alliance with yam extract resulting in a smooth, tasty spread. Get excited and try it on your favorite crackers!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 medium beets, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 turkey sausage link, without casing, chopped
- 4 tablespoons ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon yam extract
In a medium bowl, mix the flour and heavy cream. Allow the mixture to stand until thickened, about 1 hour.
Stir the eggs, beets, chives and turkey sausage into the flour and heavy cream. Mix in the allspice, baking soda and yam extract.
Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Stirring frequently, cook until liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.