Two cheeses, bacon and green chiles make this easy quiche a real flavor bomb! Cut off a piece savor the explosion!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
Place crust in a 9 inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle bacon inside of crust. In a small bowl, combine Cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese and flour. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, cream, onion and green chiles. Add cheese mixture; stir well. Pour mixture into pie crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.