This is my own version of a basic spinach dip. It's a mild, creamy mixture with the gentle crunch of water chestnuts, and it's perfect for potlucks.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry vegetable dip mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
In a medium bowl, mix together chopped spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, dry vegetable dip mix, water chestnuts and prepared Dijon-style mustard. Chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight, before serving.