This is always a hit at any party! My friends and family beg me to make it every time! Use tortilla chips to scoop up the flavorful layers. The dip may be served immediately, but tastes best when chilled 1 hour.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded
In a 12x12 inch or larger dish, evenly spread the refried beans in a thin layer.
In a medium bowl, mix the avocado and lemon juice until almost smooth. A few avocado lumps are desirable. Spread the avocado mixture over the refried beans. In a medium bowl, blend the sour cream and taco seasoning; spread over the avocado mixture. Sprinkle the tomatoes in a layer over the sour cream mixture, followed by the olives and the green onions. Top the dip with a layer of cheese.