Zesty Beef Pockets burst with flavor from the hot, marinated strips of steak and the cool, garden vegetables and cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Italian Seasoning
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 6 pita pockets or kaiser rolls
- 6 slices Monterey Jack or Muenster cheese
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
Combine first 4 ingredients in large self-closing plastic bag or glass dish. Add steak; toss to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
Preheat grill. Lightly grease rack. Grill steak 8-10 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Serve warm or cover and chill.
If desired, thinly slice meat and layer in pita pockets or on rolls. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and carrots.