Chicken, shrimp, and summer vegetables are tossed with cooked pasta in this hearty, crowd-pleasing salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1/2 pound frozen cooked cocktail shrimp
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can diced black olives, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- salt-free seasoning blend to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place the chicken in a baking dish, and roast 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and cut into bite-size pieces.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add farfalle pasta, cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain. Cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, mix the chicken, pasta, shrimp, olives, tomatoes, carrots, and cucumber. Toss with balsamic vinegar and feta cheese, and season with salt-free seasoning blend.