Tender asparagus is marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette and sprinkled with tangy lemon zest and fresh parsley. This is a quick and easy side dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch asparagus just until tender, about 1 minute. Plunge into a bowl of cold water to cool. Drain asparagus and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in vinaigrette and seal bag. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Just before serving, drain asparagus, reserving vinaigrette. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle with lemon zest, parsley, salt, and pepper. Serve reserved vinaigrette in a small dish on the side.