A zesty pasta salad with pinto beans, black beans, corn and tomatoes.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups small seashell pasta
- 1/3 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- salt to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse pasta in cold water. Place in a large mixing bowl and add dressing and salt; mix well.
Combine pinto beans and black beans in a colander; rinse with cold water and add to pasta. Add corn, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, dried red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste; toss lightly.
Chill salad in refrigerator until ready to serve.