Potatoes, peas, salami, Swiss cheese and sweet gherkins are coated in French dressing, piled atop a lettuce bed and topped with hard cooked eggs and anchovies in this distinctive dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 2 potatoes
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 pound salami, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet gherkin pickles
- 1 cup French dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, drained
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and cut into quarters.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and dice.
In a medium bowl, toss together the potatoes, peas, salami, cheese, gherkins and French dressing until evenly coated.
Line a large, shallow bowl with salad greens and top with the salad mixture. Garnish with the hard boiled eggs and anchovies.