Tuna is sauteed with Italian flavors to make a wonderful topping for cheese-coated angel hair pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place onion, garlic, and tomatoes in the skillet, and season with oregano and thyme. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Mix in tuna, wine, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil. Continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add angel hair pasta. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until al dente. Drain, and transfer to a bowl.
Toss the cooked pasta with Parmesan cheese. Top with the skillet mixture to serve.