This is the famous zip sauce that goes with steak served locally in Detroit. It really brings out the best in beef, and adds a spicy punch to the flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup beef drippings
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, parsley flakes and salt. Mix in the mustard, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Warm gently for about a minute. Mix equal parts of the sauce with beef steak drippings to complete the sauce just before serving.