A ground beef and macaroni casserole topped with potato chips. This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until evenly browned; drain. Stir in cooked macaroni, condensed soup, milk, and ketchup until well blended. Mix in the Cheddar cheese, green pepper, and minced onion. Season with salt, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
Cover, and bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, sprinkle the top with potato chips, and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until chips are toasted.