This lasagna takes about 20 minutes to assemble and is a healthy mealtime solution.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium, low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-sodium Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) can zucchini with tomato sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-sodium mozzarella cheese
- 1 3/4 cups bottled marinara sauce
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can no-salt-added whole leaf spinach, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix together cottage cheese, Parmesan, egg and nutmeg.
Into an 8x8x2-inch square baking dish, drain liquid from zucchini; spread evenly over bottom of dish.
Place 2 small lasagna pieces or 1 sheet in bottom of dish. Spread with zucchini one-quarter of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce. Repeat the noodle layer a second time. Spread evenly with 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture and then 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce. Repeat the noodle layer a third time. Spread evenly with the spinach, then 1/4 of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce. Repeat a fourth layer of noodles. Cover with the remaining half of the cottage cheese mixture and 1/4 cup of marinara sauce. Top with a fifth layer of noodle. Cover with mushrooms, 1/4 of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of marinara sauce. Top with a sixth layer of noodle. Top with remaining marinara sauce and remaining mozzarella. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet.
Bake until filling is bubbly and noodles are tender, about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Try These Other Recipes To Complement Your Meal:
Green Salad with Mascarpone-Stuffed Kadota Figs and Walnuts