This version of this tasty pie has a bit more texture. The cooked zucchini is folded into a mixture of flour, cream of tartar, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and nutmeg. The filling is then piled into a prepared pie crust and fitted with a top crust. Slip
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 cups zucchini - peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
Boil zucchini until tender. Drain and let stand in cold water for about 5 minutes, then drain.
Add sugar, flour, cinnamon, cream of tartar, lemon juice, salt, and nutmeg. Mix well. Put into the pie crust. Dot with butter. Put top crust on.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes.