Marinated sweet-sour sliced zucchini, onions, and orange bell pepper are served over salad greens for a wonderful refreshing salad with great texture and eye appeal. The best part - there are only 3 grams of fat per serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram or tarragon, crushed (optional)
- 12 cups salad greens
- 6 leaves arugula, snipped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
Cut zucchini into 1/8-inch slices. Combine onion and bell pepper; set aside.
In a quart-size container with lid, combine vinegar, water, oil, Equal®, salt, pepper and marjoram. Pour over vegetables. Chill overnight.
Spoon vegetables over salad greens using a slotted spoon. Top with bits of arugula and sprinkle with pine nuts.
* May substitute 12 packets Equal® sweetener