It will seem like everything in your spice drawer goes into these feisty tortillas, and you won 't be exaggerating- cumin, cinnamon, cloves and ginger, chili powder, mustard seeds and ground pepper. All these wonderful spices are cooked in oil with shredd
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt to taste
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 4 fresh chives
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
In a medium size wok or saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add mustard and cumin seeds. As they begin to pop, lower the heat and add the onion and ginger. Saute until onions are soft and light pink in color.
Add the shredded zucchini, increase the heat slightly. Stir frequently until the zucchini gets soft and well-cooked, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, pepper, clove, cinnamon and salt.
Warm the tortillas and place the tortillas on a flat surface. Place 1/4 of the zucchini filling in the center of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla and tie it closed with a chive. You can serve the wrap with a dollop of sour cream on the side, it makes for a well rounded wrap!