Zucchini are hollowed out and filled with a saute of onions, mushrooms, chick peas, lemon juice, herbs and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 zucchini, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a shallow baking dish.
Scoop out the flesh of the zucchini; chop the flesh and set aside. Place the shells in the prepared dish.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions for 5 minutes, then add garlic and saute 2 minutes more. Stir in chopped zucchini and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes. Stir in coriander, cumin, chick peas, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into zucchini shells.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until zucchini are tender.