Smoked sausage, potatoes, onion, and bacon are combined in a creamy chicken broth in this hearty soup with kale and garlic.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups kale - washed, dried, and shredded
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 quart water
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
Layer the sausage links onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until done. Cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into 1/2 inch slices.
Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear.
Remove bacon and crumble. Set aside.
Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1 minute. Add chicken base or bouillon, water, and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes.
Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale, and cream. Simmer 4 minutes and serve.