These pita pizzas are easy to make and fun to eat. Vary the toppings to suit the tastes of each member in your clan. Drained canned artichoke hearts are another great option.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 pita breads (6-inch diameter)
- 1 (6 ounce) can Italian-seasoned tomato paste
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese blend
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spread tops of each pita with approximately 2 tablespoons tomato paste; sprinkle each with 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Top each in the following order: 1/4 cup chicken, 2 tablespoons mushrooms, 2 tablespoons olives and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.